The Wool Research Organization of New Zealand (WRONZ) has found that wool’s unique fiber structure allows it to absorb air contaminants without re-emitting them. This is a real plus for indoor air quality. Wool carpeting is also good choice for chemically sensitive people.
- Is the carpet fiber derived from renewable resources?
- Does the carpet fiber or backing contain high-recycled content?
- Is the backing made using low- or zero-VOC materials?
- Is the carpet coated with toxic chemicals?
- Does the manufacturer offer a recycle program? If not, how long will the product take to biodegrade in our landfills?